The charming St. Croix river town of Afton, MN, will be transformed into a winter wonderland for its annual “Village Holiday” event, November 30 and Dec. 1, 2012. “Village Holiday,” presented by the Afton Area Business Association, features two days of festive, old-fashioned fun.
FAMILY DAY, Saturday December 1, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. is packed with fun for the whole family. Events include:
- Breakfast and photos with Santa plus frame decorating at the Historic Afton House Inn
- Kids Stocking Promotion - pick up a holiday stocking at Sail Away Café, the Afton House or Selma’s and collect free treats and toys at Afton shops and restaurants.
- Free Horse and Wagon rides (10 am to 3 pm)
- Old-fashioned kids crafts at Afton Care
- Strolling carolers
- Lunch with Santa at Sail Away Café
- Cookie decorating and holiday ice cream flavors at Selma’s Ice Cream Parlour
- Sample holiday entertaining food samples and complimentary homemade mulled wine at Squire House Gardens.
- Letters to Santa station in Market Square. Cocoa and treats.
- Festive hair tinsel hosted by Making Waves Salon, in Market Square (fee applies).
- Free kids Christmas goody bags kits at Creative Cottage (while supplies last)
- The Afton Museum – see our exquisite holiday train, face painting, crafts, refreshments and more.
- Taste of Christmas at St. Mary’s Church of Basswood Grove - featuring traditional Christmas treats to sample and buy, such as spiced cider, fruit soup, roomigrot, rice pudding, jula kaka, wild rice soup, cookies and candy. Plus a bazaar with unique gift items.
- Afton Historic Walking Tour (Pick Up a Map at Afton Museum)
- Live music at Sail Away Café (starts at 6 pm)
- Open Skating at St. Mary’s Point Arena (6:15 to 8:15)
- Taste of Christmas at St. Mary's Church Basswood Grove - Bake sale, traditional holiday food, craft bazaar